[lbo-talk] the virginina university massacre

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue Apr 17 19:16:39 PDT 2007

tfast wrote:

>>>From: Chuck <chuck at mutualaid.org>
>>>
>>>The ranting anti-gun zealots will ignore one of the obvious
>>>counter-arguments to their call for more gun control. The VT killer
>>>could have easily killed those students or more with other weapons. He
>>>could have thrown grenades into the classroom. He could have thrown a
>>>stick of dynamite. More easily, he could have planted charges in the
>>>buildings and blown them up.
>>
> OK I call Bullshit! It is the right to bear arms not dynamite or grenades.
> The reason neither dynamite or grenades or charges were used is that you
> need a licence to fucking get them. This gives the lie to "regulation does
> not work." it sure as hell does and that is why a gun was used.

You really haven't debunked my point. I'm not talking about the "right" to bear arms, I'm talking about the practicality of banning guns in a society where many people own guns. It ain't going to happen and if guns were eliminated, crazy jilted loverboys would still find ways to kill their girlfriends and other people.

Evidently the VT murderer got his gun back in March. The system worked. The brain of this kid wasn't working.

Chuck