[lbo-talk] Anarchism, was Cuba

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Wed Aug 1 22:41:03 PDT 2007

>You're mistaken when you write "Most Americans don't vote. They clearly
>reject the current political system and see through it."
>They don't see through anything, they are apathetic because they feel
>disaffected and powerless. They feel that way because the system
>encourages them to. If they saw through that they would be more, not
>less, inclined to vote.
>Most non-voters aren't not voting as some principled stance as you claim
>to be.

Wow, you really do have great insight into "the" American consciousness and a greater understanding of how people all think the same way. And I admire the way you take your distance from "them" and their impure consciousnesses.

Sarcasm aside, how can you read people's not voting as other than a "reject[ion] of the current political system"?