[lbo-talk] cruise update: the Ralph angle

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 4 18:35:50 PDT 2007

I think you're on to something Chuck, about famous people. However, I dont think it's always true that "under the surface they're just like you and me". Performers (of whom I've known some) and politicians tend to have high amounts of narcissism, which means they constantly have to defend their boundaries either with aggression (like Bush's put-down nicknames), or by being on stage. In both cases, they can't allow themselves to recognize that you are a real person, because that might set off the old inner panic that they are a nobody.

Bob W