[lbo-talk] Nader, et al

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 7 08:11:36 PDT 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 10:32 AM, Jeffrey Fisher wrote:

> it is dominated by foreign policy issues, esp troops on foreign soil.

Like I said, on issues of empire there's little difference at all, and Dems are the ones who founded the CIA, NATO, and the Bretton Woods institutions. On issues involving civil rights, the environment, taxes and spending, and "social issues" (which I think are important and not to be derided as trivial or distractions), there is a difference. See the ACU ratings, for example <http:// www.acuratings.org/>. Or, with signs reversed, the ADA <http:// www.adaction.org/2006housedescrip.htm>.

Doug