[lbo-talk] Bush: vacation champ

Michael Smith mjs at smithbowen.net
Sun Aug 12 18:00:35 PDT 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 15:13 -0700, andie nachgeborenen wrote:
> DC is a _lot_ more cosmopolitan today than when I grew
> up in the area (N.Va.) thirty years ago

Well, sure, but what Podunk isn't? No offense to your home town -- matter of fact, I was born there, too. And I haven't been there in, oh, four years or so. So maybe I'm behind the times.

But it seemed awfully Middle American the last time I was there. Worse than that, actually -- full of twentysomethings trying to look like Old Farts, wearing suits that might have been from Brooks Brothers but weren't -- bow ties, in the really severe cases.

> the JFK Center,

I was about to taunt you about this -- then I remembered: we have Lincoln Center tied to our tail. So I'll shut up now.