[lbo-talk] The WaPo denounces the War on Drugs

Robert Wrubel bobwrubel at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 21 07:21:07 PDT 2007

A realist might say that the War on Drugs was just a means for keeping the public in a state of fear, a pretext for arming crappy little right wing regimes, and a slush fund for off-budget CIA activities. Evidently, with the War on Terror going so well, the elites are in a mood for divestiture of an enterprise it can now admit is failing.

BobW

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/08/17/AR2007081701716.html