[lbo-talk] did Craig commit a crime?

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Aug 30 10:27:56 PDT 2007

"Mr. WD" wrote:

> > It would only disturb others if they are
> > sexually insecure and nobody has a way of
> > divining that ahead of time.
>
> Call me crazy but I prefer to take my shits in peace. I think most
> people do. I would be offended and disturbed if any person (male,
> female, attractive or otherwise) peered into my stall a put his/her
> hand underneath it. Should such behavior be criminalized? I don't
> think so, but that's not what we're talking about.

Before the building of the Fort Meade Headquarters NSA (when I was attached to it) occupied two old rattle-trap buildings at Arlington Hall Station in Arlington Virginia (now I believe some sort of mini-national park occupies the land). There happened to be a hole in the wall that connected the womens and mens restrooms, and connecting two stalls. Women reported seeing an eye peering through. They equipped a woman with a water pistol filled with red ink. She sat in there till she saw the eye, and squirted. The last we saw of the peeper he was being dragged out by two MPs, his face and shirt covered with red ink. I've always wondered if the 'villain' they caught was THE villain -- there could have been a number, and the one caught could have been peering for the first time. I believe Newton, seeing a condemned man in the cart on the way to his hanging, had a relevant comment.

Carrol