[lbo-talk] Vista

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Thu Feb 1 05:33:59 PST 2007

At 08:15 AM 2/1/2007, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

>Hollywood appears pleased but as for the rest of us...

it seems like they have a hopeless battle ahead of them. my son's friend called Sunday b/c his gf's laptop died. They brought it over here to see if it was the hardware failure it sounded like from their description of the prob. Yep. In the course of convo, this guy, who uses a computer like a toaster -- e.g., stand alone email's too complicated, use Yahoo! -- *did* bother to go far enough to figure out how to download movies so he can watch 'em before they hit the big screen.

on the rest, thanks. I was reading somewhere that Vista's deal is that it uses a lot of memory b/c it has processes running in some mystery stew of interconnectivity where one lousy emailmessage might be calling on processes that seem completely unrelated. Why? I couldn't figure out from this superficial gloss of a tech mag article.

http://blog.pulpculture.org