[lbo-talk] Noam on intellectuals

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon Feb 12 15:17:15 PST 2007

It is the thesis that "Things mental, indeed minds, are emergent properties of brains, [though] these emergences are not regarded as irreducible but are produced by principles...we do not yet understand."

^^^^^

CB: Key thing is the "s" in "brains",plural. Mind is an emergent property of a society of brains, not an individual brain. We do understand that principle.

[lbo-talk]

Jerry Monaco : Chomsky explaining his view on Mind/Body and by the way on his view of Cartesian dualism, etc. I think you misunderstand Chomsky here.

-clip-