[lbo-talk] Fwd: [forum-ffe] un autre article de Marianne

Jean-Christophe Helary fusion at mx6.tiki.ne.jp
Wed Feb 21 02:32:14 PST 2007

On 21 févr. 07, at 18:57, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> But she isn't elected president yet, and discourse is all we have
> here, and very rarely do politicians do better than their campaign
> rhetoric once they get elected. Does her discourse attempt to speak
> to working-class youth or those who fear them and their real and
> imagined delinquency? Does it send a strong message of welcome to
> immigrants looking for left-wing leadership or does it cater to the
> fear of those who are ambivalent about their presence, wishing to
> include educated and employed immigrants but exclude uneducated and
> unemployed ones, especially those who have yet to arrive?

I am very far from France, but the streams I watched:

> The format is new: a high profile politician is asked questions
> live by 50 citizens. Sarkozy was the first. Royal was live last night.
>
> The stream is available at:
> http://www.desirsdavenir-clamart.net/
>
> Also, the stream of February 11 is at:
> http://www.segolene-video.org/index.php?name=segolene-villepinte
>
> Same days, François Hollande:
> http://www.segolene-video.org/index.php?name=francois-villepinte

as well as the things I read show a person who is _not_ populist, but practical and who attempts to address issues of the people who suffer: the youth/women/low wages/elderly people/migrants/small- medium enterprises. She specifically attacks big enterprises that lay off people to increase the dividends of share holders etc.

I consider myself an anti-racist left person with ecologist sympathies and I have yet to find something is the system she describes that disturbs me. Basically, everything I heard that was weird and very conservative sounding were out of context excerpts of her speeches. I am not saying that she is perfect. But even José Bové has declared he invited his supported to vote for her on the second round.

JC