(Privelege Was Re: [lbo-talk] Re: Maoist cleanup drive hits

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Mon Jan 8 22:37:50 PST 2007

andie nachgeborenen wrote:

>A very non-Marxist attitude.

Who cares? Did Marx define "Marxism" and the meaning of freedom forever?

> In the tradition that
>comes from Rousseau through Kant and Hegel to Marx,
>freedom, "real" freedom Marx calls it, is obedience to
>the law one has give oneself.

Freud would laugh. To be your own priest is still to need a priest. To write your own script is still to need a script.

> (He uses the expression
>on multiple occasions.) It is, to use your
>terminology, writing your own script and following it.

Why a script? You see, from where I sit this is real prudery disguised as licentiousness.

Why can we not trust the body (and heart and soul) to ask for what is needed when it is needed. Why is a script needed? Why can there not be a sexual "conversation" between two people - a meeting of bodies and desire, within which we spontaneously discover who and how we are as lovers, in this particular moment?

Why a script? How is "law" applicable at all to the unique circumstance of the erotic moment?

Joanna