[lbo-talk] Sex and Stuff

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Jan 10 15:19:22 PST 2007

On Jan 10, 2007, at 5:55 PM, joanna wrote:

> Freedom means that anything can happen--depending on mood and
> circumstance, as opposed to the requirement that something specific
> needs to happen no matter what the mood or ciurcumstance.

And why do you think it's any different with non-vanilla sex? People do all kinds of things.

> I also find it, well, weird, that on a lefty list one faces
> ridicule for asserting that love and/or sexual attraction are the
> motive forces behind sexual congress.

Ridicule? I hope not that. But like I said, we eat all kinds of things in all kinds of fashions in response to hunger (and not always in response to hunger, or we wouldn't have so many fat people in the USA). Same with sex - love or lust can be expressed in a thousand different ways. And the physical expression can change the feeling, too; it's not a one-way street.