[lbo-talk] Sex and Stuff

John Adams jadams01 at sprynet.com
Thu Jan 11 03:48:54 PST 2007

On Jan 10, 2007, at 11:50 PM, andie nachgeborenen wrote:

> Neal Stephenson's The Diamond Age, where there's a
> minor character (BDSM is not a big part of the book)

The fictional character that came to mind for me--okay, there were two--but the first one that came to mind for me was the provocateur in _Neuromancer_ who seduces pretty young women into subversive activity, turns them in, and then helps to torture them.

(The other one, again from high-class science fiction, was the narrator of John Barnes' _Kaleidoscope Century_ and his partner-in-crime Sadi. Okay, there were three)

This is, of course, fiction. I suppose we could also drag in Hawk from "Time Considered as a Helix of Semi-Precious Stones" and run on from there.

All the best,

John A