[lbo-talk] More fun than a barrel of monkeys, uh bonobos

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jan 11 12:08:17 PST 2007

On Jan 11, 2007, at 2:47 PM, Charles Brown wrote:

> As to criticism of BDSM, I think you two ignore the fact that there
> is a big
> problem of domestic violence against women in the world, certainly
> in the
> US. A big _left_ project is to get men to stop being "sadistic" toward
> women. So, it might help if you explained in detail how BDSM is
> actually
> only superficially similar to or actually not at all like domestic
> violence
> against women.

Charles, this has been explained to you about 15 times already, yet you keep repeating this like a tape loop. I think this discussion is either rapidly approaching or is already past the stage at which the same positions keep getting repeated, with no minds being changed. Might be time to move on.

Doug