[lbo-talk] Left hand puritanism the lost re-bottle

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sat Jan 13 18:09:15 PST 2007

Chris Doss wrote:

>Wasn't a body found on Sade's estate? My memory fails
>me.

I don't think so. He was basically put away by his wife + mother in law. There was also a prostitute who complained about ill-treatment, but one suspects this evidence would not have seen the light of day were it not for the family members that wanted him put away.

I've read everything he's written and I think he was one of the more interesting 18 century writers.

Joanna