[lbo-talk] Nepal gays and Maoists/Marxist Approach

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sat Jan 20 10:17:43 PST 2007

Yes and yes. Homosexuality and the pursuit of sex as pleasure instead of procreation are both extraordinarily common amongst animals. More at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_sexuality

> Were there homosexulas amongst in the primitive commune set-up as well.

Yes. Lesbian and gay people have existed in every society we know of.

It's entirely natural and has nothing to do with choice: http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_changing.html

No, they're not. Child molesters are overwhelmingly heterosexual: http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

> The natural function of sex is procreation.

Other species routinely mate for pleasure, masturbate, or otherwise engage in non-procreative sexuality (see first link above).

-- DRR