[lbo-talk] Re: Are Human beings no more natural?

EverYoung Global Intellectual Enterprises uttarbahini at enet.com.np
Sun Jan 21 07:24:41 PST 2007

WDK wrote:

> Da, tovarisch!
>
> > ...Or is the problem unique to the human beings?
> > Is it a natural bestowing or is it a problem?
> > Is it a fashion, and does it have anything to do
> > with the fashion, and the psyche of being fashionable?
> > If it is a problem, an abberation, is it right to pass
> > it as a natural phenomenon? Or should a cure be
> > invented for the disease just as a cure needs to be
> > invented for every disease?
> > (etc., etc.)
>
> Humans do not live "natural" lives by definition, "natural" meaning "as
> opposed to what is done by human contrivance." The thousand and one
> wholly unnatural things humans do, gather, manufacture, possess -
> agriculture, alphabets, appendectomies, refined metal, theatre,
> antibiotics, sanitary sewers, clothing, bread, beer, electronic mail -
> clearly, none of these man-made things is a "natural bestowing," so by
> your opposition they must all be "problems" or "diseases" instead,
> wanting as all "diseases" do a cure or final solution.
>
> Well you can go ahead and try to ban email if you want, I guess that's
> not such a big deal. But if you try to mess with my sanitary sewers I'm
> going to fight you.
>
> And I've got to set you straight on one thing where you're obviously
> crazy-wrong: the natural function of sex is _not_ procreation. The
> natural function of sex is _pleasure_.
>
> Yours WDK - WKiernan at ij.net

My Response,

Through your ideas you seem to be harbouring the notion that human beings have gone above nature. Let me clear to you that in the infinity or near infinite dimensions of nature, your whole Earth with its six billion odd so-called Homo-sapiens are simply negligible; in the infinitity of time, the life of a human being is for a negligible span. It is not even a mathematical point upon an infinite plane. Your claims about human species are wrongly conceived. Human species is just a very very small part of nature. Your birth, your hunger, your thirst, your feelings, your diseases, your death are all beyond your control. If we assign you a value in number, say 1000000---out of this number, one unit of yours may have transformed nature to suit your human purpose---or to think in your terms "gone above nature", but 999999 is sheer nature. I hope you understand my point. Best wishes! Ramesh Bhat -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20070121/73fffd47/attachment.htm>