[lbo-talk] Nepal gays and Maoists/Marxist Approach

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Sat Jan 20 15:37:11 PST 2007

Miles wrote:

> The historical and anthopological record clearly contradicts this
> claim. Yes, same-sex sexual relations occur in most societies, but
> the linkage of that behavior to a stable, exclusive sexual identity is
> not a human universal.

I never said sexual identity was stable or exclusive, my point is that same-sex desire and practice has been around forever. The literary, cultural and anthropological record is unambiguous on this point. How that desire is mediated and transformed into social identities is another question entirely.

-- DRR