[lbo-talk] A Liberal Blogger Watches the Antiwar Rally on C-SPAN

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat Jan 27 12:45:57 PST 2007

Jim:

"The problem with throwing everything including the 'kitchen sink' into these events is that no one including alot of the Left is going to agree on all of them. They are set up to alienate. Personally, a rally against the Iraq war should be just that a single issue event."

I thought that this rally was much more focused than the last one, which was indeed all over the map. And, finally, some actual antiwar Iraq vets! To me, that was the best part of the rally, watching those young vets in camo on the stage. That really moved me, as did the military families activists. Still, you can't talk about US war in the Middle East without mentioning Israel, esp with Iran in the crosshairs. This war is designed to be regional, if not global. Iraq is only one part of it.

Dennis -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20070127/7c8d6c7d/attachment.htm>