[lbo-talk] Modern American radicall fiction

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 14:23:53 PDT 2007

I hate Blood Meridian and Cormac McCarthy with a a passion. Toni Morrison mostly bores and annoys me. Maybe I have a tin ear for fiction. To be honest I find myself rereading the Dead White Males, Homer, Dante, Chaucer, Shakespeare, Donne, Milton, Goethe, Stendhal, Tolstoi, Dostoevsky, Chekhov, Ibsen, Mann, Brecht -- among the Americans, Melville, Twain, more recently Pynchon. My wife keeps up with new fiction, I find it hard to focus on that.