[lbo-talk] celebrity unit

J. Tyler unspeakable.one at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 10:09:47 PDT 2007

Michael Pollak wrote:

> I thought this was very interesting run down of the various issues
> surrounding the jailing of America's favorite slattern:
>
> http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-me-paris8jun08,1,7155226.story?coll=la-headlines-entnews

I think this:

Hilton, through her attorney Richard Hutton, issued a statement in which she thanked the Sheriff's Department for "treating me fairly and professionally."

is all one needs to confirm special treatment. I have dealt with a lot of prisoners and their families, and never once has anybody thought to mention the "fair and professional treatment" they received from their confiners. Jail is the most unfair and unprofessional environment known to mankind. If Paris did in fact receive fair treatment, it was obviously unfair.

And this confirms it again:

Assistant City Atty. Dan Jefferies said the reason given for Hilton's release made the case unusual and raised questions about special treatment. He said that releasing inmates because of overcrowding was common but that in his 25 years as a prosecutor, he could remember only two or three instances when people were let go early for medical reasons. In each case, he said, the individual was extremely ill.

Delgadillo, his boss, agreed: "Los Angeles County jail medical facilities are well-equipped to deal with medical situations involving inmates."