[lbo-talk] tech advice, eX propeller beanie alert

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Mon Mar 12 21:23:49 PDT 2007

``splurge and buy a video card. Even a Geforce 6200 for $40 will be faster and more stable than the onboard video they slap on motherboards. Happy building!'' Miles

-------

That's why I posted this nonsense. I debated and debated a video card and basically defaulted to the on-board generic n-vida something, figuring if it wasn't really okay, I could get something to replace it.

Tavis wonders ``What is the main use of this computer going to be?''

Graphics, but no video. Well, I went looking around this morning and found a GeForce 7900GS, which looked about right. I am a little worried by the display card and drivers under whatever Xorg uses. The old XFConfig was quite to get going.

Gotta go to work. Thanks guys

CG