[lbo-talk] Spiegel interviews Sharpton

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Mar 22 14:44:50 PDT 2007

For the record, I am against all populism, not just Black. Bush is a populist, Berlusconi is a populist, Le Pen is a populist, current right wing Polish government is populist - enough already! You may say that Chavez is a populist too, and I would not have an easy answer to that counterexample - but my gut reaction is that nothing good has ever came out of populist politics - only pogroms, lynchings, "tyranny of the majority," authoritarianism, corruption, and mass disappointment.

Wojtek

^^^^^ CB: In your opinion, what good has ever come out of _any_ kind of politics ?