[lbo-talk] subprpime suburbs

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 09:39:47 PDT 2007

Jordan,

Well, I really do appreciate the assumptions behind my motivations to do something about my housing (or, rather, lack of motivation), but I don't think the choice for me right now is simply an equal one between apt. renting or home ownership, as if just I'm simply cavalierly choosing one and tossing a home mortgage out the trash.

Part of it is what Chuck and Woj mention: not knowing the options. Or even understanding what all's available. The subprime thing has me even more perplexed. And factor in my own credit and/or other personal issues that I'd rather not discuss on a publicly archived forum, and it's a little bit more complex. The way you make it sound, no one in their right mind would ever rent who wanted financial stability. Yet, mystifyingly, people do. Why? They're all nuts? HMMM.

Then again, we live in a free market society and I can freely contract with my landlord in 6 months also, right? Free to bargain, each of us, my landlord and I coming to the table on an equal footing. Why don't I just choose to bargain the landlord down? Some folks on lib-cap forums have said that might work just peachy, too.

-B.

Jordan Hayes wrote:
> That kind of long-range price stability is important
to many people --
> it sounds like it's important to you, too, but not
important enough to