[lbo-talk] subprpime suburbs

Jason lists at moduszine.com
Fri Mar 23 10:16:54 PDT 2007

On 2007-03-23 16:39:47 +0000 B. <docile_body at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Then again, we live in a free market society and I can
> freely contract with my landlord in 6 months also,
> right? Free to bargain, each of us, my landlord and I
> coming to the table on an equal footing. Why don't I
> just choose to bargain the landlord down? Some folks
> on lib-cap forums have said that might work just
> peachy, too.

I always get a kick out of that one. People say that kind of crap to me all the time when I complain about the flat I rent. How, exactly, am I supposed to get my stuff together, find a new place, get the references sorted out, raise the deposit and first month's rent in cash (€2,200 in total) to move?

If it was in any way possible, I would buy a house immediately. There is little that is rational, and certainly nothing even handed, about the letting market.

Jason.

-- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.