[lbo-talk] 15% of the Population, 2 Hours per Weekend (was Development of Political Underdevelopment)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Mar 24 19:26:53 PDT 2007

Michael Perelman wrote:

> I don't think that people are lazy about volunteering, but that the left has not
> given people a compelling reason -- showing how their effort will lead to concrete
> results.

The left can't 'give' people what does not exist. There is _nothing_ that people can do _now_ that will lead to concrete results _now_, or even in the near future. We are simply lying if we propose anything else than protracted struggle for few if any immediate results. This means that for the present left activity can appeal to a relatively small part of the populace. Try for a large immediate appeal and the results will be negative.

Carrol