[lbo-talk] Time Use studies

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 06:32:29 PDT 2007

Yeah, there's no harm done, you just cause your clients to lose their money or their freedom. There is no physical harm, the physical harm might have been done by the defendants, by what do you care if the clients don't recover as long as you get your jollies? All jolly good fun.

All law is bullshit anyway, there is no real knowledge or skill involved, just "pretensions of professional speech and manner,
> employing wikipedia and
> half-remembered old episodes of Night Court" are
enough to do what lawyers do. And naturally law professors impart no actual information or skill, just teach student how to bullshit in the appropriately impressive manner. The biggest scams are the big law firms who pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to associates when after all any glib talking scamster in a suit could do what they do.

FYI the not-a-lawyer guy in Chicago had completed all but one course of a University of Michigan law degree. Lacking that course, I think it was professional responsibility (legal ethics) he did not graduate.

People did use to practice without going to law school, but they apprenticed themselves to practicing lawyers for years and had to be admitted to the bar.