[lbo-talk] How to explain things to (right-wing) libertarians

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 30 16:45:43 PDT 2007

On 3/30/07, Tayssir John Gabbour <tayssir.john at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I asked a well-known science prof why right-wing libertarians are
> unusually represented in the tech world. He opined that many bright,
> upwardly mobile students didn't see why they should care about others.

Oh, I forgot the other half of his response. Which is that engineers who simply have their eyes open can't help but notice that the economy relies on the state for innovation and creativity. So, it can't have anything to do with pure capitalism, as I might expect. But rather, right-wing libertarianism provides a convenient doctrine for the privileged. (With many exceptions, of course.)

Tayssir