[lbo-talk] How To Keep Hostile Jerks From Taking Over Your OnlineCommunity

Bob Morris bob.morris at gmail.com
Thu May 17 14:18:14 PDT 2007

On my blog, (polizeros.com) I keep moderation on and post a message on the comments page.

"Comments subject to deletion at whim of capricious webmaster. Disagreements are ok. Flames, trolls, and right-wing attacks are not. If your comment doesn't appear immediately, then moderation is on, thus there's no need to re-send it."

Then I delete what needs to be deleted. The worst attacks were during the huge immigration marches last year, I deleted hundreds of comments, most before they appeared.

Big blogs like crooksandliars have several people that moderate comments. There's no other way to do it but moderation that I know of.