[lbo-talk] Memorial Day

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon May 28 22:11:51 PDT 2007

andie nachgeborenen wrote:
> I'd just encourage people on this list to be very
> careful about expressing any sentiments that might be
> construed as calling _in any way_ for political
> violence. The Patriot Act and its satellites are no
> joke.

> So it's really wise to not say dumb things. Please, no
> one else one on the list agree with Chuck here, or we
> could all get hauled in as co-conspirators.

Are you kidding me? This is the biggest crock of bullshit I've read on this list in some time.

I'm going to speak in favor of the kinds of political violence that I support. 9/11 and the Patriot Act doesn't change anything as far as I'm concerned. If the majority of Americans support various kinds of political violence, then I have a right to make the case for what I support.

Free speech, right?

Or are people on this list so cowed by the Bush regime that we are now at the point of open self-censorship?

Jesus fucking christ. When I decided to become an anarchist in 1985, I knew I was venturing into some dangeorus territory. But I'll be damned if I let the fascists put me on the train to extermination without getting a few shots off first.

Chuck "who is really pretty much a nonviolent guy"