[lbo-talk] The "NAFTA Superhighway" Urban Myth

Carl Remick carlremick at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 20:14:32 PST 2007

On Nov 7, 2007 2:26 PM, Dennis Claxton <ddclaxton at earthlink.net> wrote:
> B. wrote:
>
> >As far as a band called Texas Schoolbook Depository
> >(which is now a museum)
>
> That's where I'd been when I had the traffic trouble I was talking
> about. I bought a Jackie Kennedy by Warhol refrigerator magnet at
> the gift shop. They have the room Oswald shot from set up just as it
> was in photos from the Warren Commission report. Pretty
> spooky.

The thing I've always found most mysterious about the Texas Schoolbook Depository is its sheer size. How could a place like Texas, globally unsurpassed as a hotbed of anti-intellectualism, possibly possess enough school texts to fill a seven-story building as bulky as the Texas Schoolbook Depository? It's easier to imagine a platoon or more of snipers on the famous grassy knoll than to envision Texas needing that much room to stash schoolbooks.

Carl