[lbo-talk] October 2007 on -empyre- : "DNA Poetics"

Nicholas Ruiz III editor at intertheory.org
Tue Oct 2 08:22:20 PDT 2007

October 2007 on -empyre-: "DNA Poetics"

DNA Poetics

Two words well placed, no? After Judith Roof's "The Poetics of DNA". That DNA (hereafter Code) is perhaps, but a metaphor for a substance (and/or protocol?) is what concerns us here, this month of October, on -empyre-.

The Code is meaningful, we can agree. But of what meaning is it full? Meaningful of biology? Meaningful of poetry? Should we speak of the people's (public) Code? A corporatized (private) Code? Who is charged with its derivation? With the responsibility of Code's proof?

Is there no Code, and only 'codes'?

Pleas join us and perhaps we shall know better.

http://www.subtle.net/empyre

Moderated by Nicholas Ruiz III (US) Editor, Kritikos

with special guests

Judith Roof (US) is professor of English and Film Studies at Michigan State University. Her books include All about Thelma and Eve: Sidekicks and Third Wheels, and The Poetics of DNA.

Eugene Thacker (US) is associate professor of New Media in the School of Literature, Communication, and Culture at the Georgia Institute of Technology. His books include Biomedia, The Global Genome, and The Exploit.

Please join us at:

http://www.subtle.net/empyre

(SUBSCRIBE TO LIST HERE)

Nicholas Ruiz III CoModerator, -empyre-