[lbo-talk] US loses cotton subsidies fight

Eubulides prince.plumples at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 21:17:06 PDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Wojtek Sokolowski <sokol at jhu.edu> wrote:

> [WS:] Now, remind me, why do the lefties hate WTO? It seems to be more
> detrimental to the Empire than all left politics combined.
>
> Wojtek

Hardly.

The USG will simply try to legislate around this ruling the same way they changed the tax/subsidy code after the FSC case; the point of that legislation being a giant fuck you to all the countries who piggybacked on the social movements pointing out the nearly infinite hypocrisies and bullying that is the core identity of cocaine addled cowboy capitalism in the USA.

But don't take my word for it. Simply have a gander at Aileen Kwa's books/articles on "green room" realpolitique and other assorted issues.

We won't even go near the utter nightmare that is the WTO's intellectual property paradigm.

Ian