[lbo-talk] 'American kids, dumber than dirt'

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Oct 29 16:53:17 PDT 2007

Dennis Perrin wrote:

> the lack of creative intelligence and political awareness.

Some of the most politically aware and cratively intelligent people in the United States are devoted servants of the empire and committed to policies of destruction, torture, and genocide. There is simply no relationship between good (or bad) politics and good people, good (or bad) politics and intelligent people, creativity and decency, or any other two pairs you might name. This whole discussion is grounded in the radical individualism that is the foundation of capitalist and imperialist ideology.

I hate a song said Guthrie that makes people feel bad about themselves. If you would make these claims to the face of the students you are talking about, don't make them on lbo.

Carrol

She