[lbo-talk] Michael Lerner tattles: the state of the antiwar movement

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Sep 12 05:11:07 PDT 2007

On Sep 11, 2007, at 11:20 PM, Chuck wrote:

> Sometimes I have to remind myself that this list has gone in a more
> liberal direction and has mostly abandoned the radical leftism that I
> remember when I first joined.
>
> Me and what army? How about the anti-war movement? It would make more
> sense to march tens of thousands around an army munitions plant
> than to
> do the same comfortably in Washington, DC.

All right. Go ahead an try to organize this. If you get more than 100 people willing to sign up for this suicide mission, I'll be surprised.

You seem not to care at all that there's almost no support for your style of politics in the American public, even though anarchism is supposed to be more democratic than democracy. Doesn't that give you pause at all?

Doug