[lbo-talk] London congestion charge

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Apr 10 11:38:57 PDT 2008

> So if you think that reversing these policies is
> possible by incentives alone, without imposing any
> cost on the population - I think you are dreaming.

I didn't say "at no cost" -- in fact, half this conversation is about cost!

I gave you a (working) example yesterday: the growth of BART; but I'll expand that to commuter rail in general. Providing the right incentives gets people out of their cars ... it's not great, but it's got promise. All it needs is more.

Ok, I'm done.

/jordan