[lbo-talk] In Which, At Long Last, I Ride With Mephistopheles and Faust To The East

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Dec 4 08:26:24 PST 2008

> quickly became a spirited
> debate over the sucktasticness of small screens.

I think we all should have small screens. And magnifying glasses to help us see them better.

http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/images/brazil04.jpg http://www.cyberpunkreview.com/images/brazil13.jpg

---

FWIW, if you've upgraded your TV to HD but don't want to upgrade your DVD collection (or are a big Netflix fan), then you owe it to yourself to get an Oppo DV-980H[*] under your tree later this month. The visual difference is startling (compared to, say, the kind of upscaling that your TV might do) and comes close to what you get with movies remastered to Blu-Ray without having format issues.

Me? I'm waiting for Roku (or someone) to make a streaming HD box; I think "owning" DVDs is very 90s.

/jordan

[*] Hey, buy it from me! http://infothecary.org/jordan/ :-)