[lbo-talk] the inevitability of an obama-clinton/clinton-obama ticket

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Feb 6 06:43:23 PST 2008

>>> shag

i'd love someone to argue with me about the inevitability of an obama-clinton or clinton-obama ticket.

^^^^^ CB: I'll play devil's advocate a little. Maybe Clinton is too pragmatic to pick Obama , knowing that it would be a sure loser ticket. So, she'll pick Edwards. But then she will lose the Black vote, and lose.

I think , as you say, the Dems are toast.

Paradoxically, all here who are lamenting the "euphoria" and " mania" of the Obama phenomena are participating in that mania in a way, because they are accepting the idea that Obama can win in racist America. That's somewhat euphoric/manic itself. Don't worry all who don't like Obama's corporate liberal positions, he can't win. He's Black.

Failure to note this is failure to acknowledge the key role of racism in America and American politics. It's progressive or left "colorblind" politics. On this thread Julio's last posts are a notable exception to colorblind politics or punditry.