[lbo-talk] Dennis Perrin on the ecstasy of the Dems

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 4 12:42:33 PST 2008

Joanna wrote:
> The point of Obama is that of changed expectations. And that would be a
> good thing.
>
> Joanna

What expectations would change and how would that work out into something concrete? All I see is another politician spouting the same platitudes I've heard millions of times. If Obama were white no one would pay attention to him. He is the candidate many whites have been wanting and many people of color have been dreading. He can pretend race is irrelevant and whites want so desperately to believe this is true. Only a person of color can make them believe this so Obama is successful in perpetrating this lie about change. I fucking hate Obama.

John Thornton