[lbo-talk] Obama-mania: where is the true danger?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Jan 8 13:55:59 PST 2008

On Jan 8, 2008, at 6:31 PM, Eric wrote:

> including,
> since I'm typing to this list, our esteemed moderator and host --
> argued four years ago. Which is to say, in 2004, Kerry's election
> would allow for some breathing room, give the left the space and
> desire to really push for progressive change, etc.

Three years later, I'm feeling much less friendly towards the Dems. I wanted to see Bush lose in 2004. Now I have a harder time getting excited, though I do think politics is a form of entertainment sometimes.

I liked that line from Adolph Reed, about how he just doesn't care one way or the other. If people don't want to get excited, fine; if they do, fine. He's just not going to try to change their minds either way.

Doug