[lbo-talk] Ron Paul on drugs (was Neo-Lamarckianism???? Come on!)

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Mon Jan 14 13:47:04 PST 2008

> Doesn't he want to abolish the FEDERAL drug war rather than the drug war
> at large?
> He's said critical things about the federal drug war but haven't they
> all been carefully worded to leave individual state sponsored drug wars
> unopposed?
> I don't follow Paul carefully since I think he's nuts and unimportant so
> I may be wrong about this.
>
> John Thornton

So far as I've read, Paul believes drugs to be a medical, not criminal, issue. That alone goes against most drug war thinking, but then again, Paul may very well be against private use. Who knows. Leaving it up to local authorities is not necessarily a bad thing, if it's put up to a vote. Where I live, weed is decriminalized, and has been for some time. Still, it falls short of full legalization.

Dennis