[lbo-talk] A Mac in my future

3.3.3. lslelel at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 07:00:50 PST 2008

On the opposite side of the "coolness" factor though is the PC OBSESSION with newest and marginally improved hardware and getting it all to gel together. New chips come out every month now, and no reasonable person should spend their time following 45nm vs 65nm chips, vs bus speed, vs location of caches...virtualization...etc...etc...It's like the whole enterprise is dedicated to not using actually the computers, but just making sure they are running .12 Mhz faster than last quarter. It's great for business, but shit for creativity and the environment...

The hardware markups are definitely real.

How to build a $6000+ Mac Pro hardware equivalent for $2300 http://blogs.zdnet.com/Ou/?p=942