[lbo-talk] hmm, and I thought it was talk therapy that was ineffec tive!

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 04:48:33 PST 2008

One side effect of some SSRIs is mania or hypomania. It hit me like a ton of bricks. Happy bricks. I remember the onset very vividly. I was at work in the Watergate Hotel listening to Kate Bush's The Sensual World when suddenly I felt like I had been hit by lightning, metaphorically speaking. Waves of pure ecstasy.

It does turn you into a complete asshole though. Not that you care while you are in that state (which lasts for weeks.)

It sure must have done a number on my brain chemistry. I haven't been depressed in almost a decade. I suppose it permanently reset the chamical levels in my brain or something.