[lbo-talk] hmm, and I thought it was talk therapy that was ineffec tive!

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 08:07:09 PST 2008

Oh yeah. That Kate Bush album was the most beautiful thing I had ever heard. It was pure gorgeousity. I immediately left the office to take a walk and was blown away by how simply pulsating with beauty and life everthing was. It was as if I had never noticed before how all the leaves and the concrete and the sky were just drenched in joy. I also felt completely invulnerable, which in a sense I was, since nothing you could have done to me would have actually made me feel bad. All bad feelings were blown away by the mighty tide of joy.

The only times I have ever come close to reexperiencing that state in the years since is while listening to Beethoven (especially the Ninth Symphony). But that doesn't last.