[lbo-talk] hmm, and I thought it was talk therapy that was ineffec tive!

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 18 13:10:25 PST 2008

I tried a few and then gave up so I don't remember which ones I took and in what order as there were several. None of them were taken for more than 2 weeks and they all had immediate bad side effects. The first brought about was suicidal thoughts, the second intense anxiety, another furious rage and the last severe apathy. They were AD's however. I've more than passing knowledge of prescription drugs having been in the medical field many years ago. Remembering the specifics was a low priority in that I stopped taking them all almost immediately. Now you can say you do in fact know of someone who has been prescribed AD's for use as a sleep aid. Incidentally they were not SSRI's but TCA's so your confusion may stem from the fact that you are only thinking of SSRI's as AD's. I have never been prescribed an SSRI. The TCA's I took were, in no particular order, amoxapine, amitriptyline, clomapramine, and another I can't recall (maybe doxepin) and as I said which was responsible for each specific negative side effect I simply cannot recall. They all sucked and I won't take another TCA.

John Thornton