[lbo-talk] crazy saturday morning

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Tue Jul 1 11:53:56 PDT 2008

On Tue, Jul 01, 2008 at 11:48:49AM -0400, Doug Henwood wrote:

> Every DSL provider in the area has to rely on Verizon. So you're
> saying forget DSL and stick with cable because otherwise you're stuck
> with drooling morons?

Ah, you mean Verizon provides the infrastructure but you buy the DSL through another party? In that case you are dealing with two different companies, but even if Verizon is doing both - like in my case - you are effectively dealing with two different companies.

As bad as Verizon is - my cable option - my only option in this free market - is Comcast, whose suckiness surpasses Verizon by orders of magnitude.

TW might be better than Comcast.

> And yeah, I know the staff doesn't receive a lot of technical
> training. I learned that very well over the years. But they should
> know when to kick things up to a higher level.

Sometimes they are not permitted, directly or indirectly. "First-level call resolution rate" is a big metric for these places.

> I finally got them to dispatch someone who knew what he was doing by
> writing to the CEO of Verizon. It worked.

The consumerist.com method!

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim: beyondzero123 http://blogdayafternoon.com yahoo msg: beyondzero123

Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

-Westley