[lbo-talk] Penn Jillette on global warming

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Jul 3 11:21:02 PDT 2008

Penn writes:

>> But the climate of the whole world is more complicated. I'm not a
>> scientist, and I haven't spent my life studying weather.

I think that's pretty disappointing; you don't have to do what he's avoiding doing -- saying "Yes! Global Warming Is Real! And We Have To Fix It Right Now At Any Cost!" -- to at least agree that generating less CO2 is better than generating more; that resisting a change of primary fuel source is worse than continuing to burn fossil fuel willy-nilly; that the major impediment to progress in this case is entrenched oil money; and that starting sooner is better than starting later.

On the other hand, who's the bitch from Newsweek he's talking about?

/jordan