[lbo-talk] Fox News poll/ 18 yr old at McCain rally: "Obama, like, *terrifies* me"

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Thu Jul 31 13:28:28 PDT 2008

Not to give Barry credit for making an accurate prediction or anything, but about a month ago he said, " They are going to try to scare you. They are going to try to make you scared of...me ( laughter from the audience). They're going to say, "He's too young. He's got a funny name. And oh, did I mention he's Black."

Media : He better be careful. He's acting too "presidential" and "confident" = He's an uppity Negro. ( a while ago it was "He's not presidential enough" ) One way or the other, "Black President" is an oxymoron.

One big media question now is "How come Obama is not further ahead ? " Uhhh duhhhhhh, why do you think ? This is Amurrika , boy.

Charles

>>> "B."
http://time-blog.com/real_clear_politics/2008/07/mccain_proud_of_britney_ad.html

[...]

"Campaigns are tough, but I'm proud of the campaign we're running," McCain told the crowd [about the Paris/Britney ad]. "We're proud of that commercial."

[...]

Indeed, the very next questioner from the audience was another young woman who announced to the crowd: "I'm 18 and I just have to say that Obama, like, terrifies me. And I would just like to say I think you need to call him on every shot. Don't let him get away with a single thing. We can't afford it." This, too, generated hearty applause from the crowd.

*Fox News Poll: Do You Have A Neighbor Who Says Obama "Scares Them"?* [Sleazy way to word a poll -- if you *know someone else* that says they're scared of Obama. Graciously lets the respondent off the hook. - B.] ___________________________________ http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/mailman/listinfo/lbo-talk