[lbo-talk] Fox News poll/ 18 yr old at McCain rally: "Obama, like, *terrifies* me"

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 31 15:05:51 PDT 2008

Knowing the Republicans will try to scare the electorate is like knowing the sun will rise in the AM. It's the standard Republican tactic of fear-mongering. That said, if one were actually "terrified" of an Obama Presidency then it would follow that one would be absolutely shit-yourself petrified of a McCain Presidency. Imagine the US involved in helping a Georgian independence movement? Scary beyond words.

Maybe someone can refresh my memory, has any other presidential candidate ever been accused of "acting too presidential"? I can't recall that complaint before. It really seems like a euphemism for "uppity Negro". Every Black and Red person I know has been pissed off by this characterization.

John Thornton