[lbo-talk] Fox News poll/ 18 yr old at McCain rally: "Obama, like, *terrifies* me"

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Thu Jul 31 14:20:08 PDT 2008

> Maybe someone can refresh my memory, has any other presidential candidate
> ever been accused of "acting too presidential"?
> I can't recall that complaint before.
> It really seems like a euphemism for "uppity Negro".
> Every Black and Red person I know has been pissed off by this
> characterization.
>
> John Thornton

Well, it may mean that for some, but I think it's clear that Obama is essentially the President-In-Waiting, a designation that most Dems happily embrace, as well as many elites. It's why McCain is stumbling about, looking for traction. And it also shows, as if further evidence is necessary, how utterly fixed the prez selection process is. At this rate, the election will be a mere formality.

Dennis